Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Copy of landscape photo has verticle stripes of half inch

Customer Question
width JA: What's the make/model number...
copy of landscape photo has verticle stripes of half inch width
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: mg5520 3 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: mac 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: one week ago after idle time of onemonth and after changing the yellow ink tank
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
10/20/2016
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 1 year ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the instructions from the links below. Check the copy output after following each step.

1. Cleaning the Paper Feed Rollers : https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART117066&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1476980900349

2. Cleaning the printhead : https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART116890&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1476980900349.

3. Cleaning the encoder strip : https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART142916&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1476980900349

If the issue still persists, try the following.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N