John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Not having problems with a camera but with a printer/copier.

Customer Question

Not having problems with a camera but with a printer/copier. Thanks.
JA: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon C250iF age about 1 year
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Trying to print a document from my computer but it seems another employee had been trying to print or copy something late last night. Now my document is in queue and I am trying to cancel his document so my will print. Status says "canceling".
JA: Anything else you want the camera expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess not
Category: Printers
Expert:  dukey01 replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

If another print job is backed up in the queue this would most definitely keep you from printing.

If your print job won't cancel you'll need to turn off the print spooler service and delete the job

from the C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers folder.

If the employee's print job is backed up as well it would need to be deleted from the other machine as well.

To turn off the print spooler service, hold down the Windows logo key (just to the left of the spacebar) and press R.

The Run box will open.

In the text area type: services.msc and click OK.

Scroll down to the Print Spooler service, right-click on it and select Stop.

Once it stops, minimize the window as you'll need to open it up and start the service

once everything in the Printers folder has been deleted. (some files may not delete so just leave them)

Once the Printers folder has been cleared and the Print Spooler service restarted, try to print again.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
By the time you answered, I had cleared everything on my own. I had left work by 3 p.m. Since I solved the problem without your help, please do not charge my credit card.
Expert:  dukey01 replied 10 months ago.

Ok, thanks. Please contact customer service at 1-***-***-**** for billing issues.