John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My pixma mx892 canon printer voluntarily powered down after

Customer Question

My pixma mx892 canon printer voluntarily powered down after completing a print job and won't turn back on. I checked that the power plug was with power and plugged into the printer. It was. There were no prior problem indications. I bought the printer on 8/20/12. Any ideas? Thanks, Richard
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No such previous performance. I have in front of me the Staples sales slip for the printer with the purchase date indicated.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The event occurred yesterday, Monday Oct. 17, morning just after I completed a print job with the Canon. No unusual events occurred with my system before or during the printing. After printing I attempted to turn on the Canon by pushing the on button but to no avail.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 months ago.

Can you unplug the printer for 10 mins. and let me know, what happens ?