Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

My printer is saying there is no paper, but it's full...

Customer Question

my printer is saying there is no paper, but it's full... help?
JA: What's the make and model of the printer?
Customer: HL-L23200
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: windows 8 pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2 days
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing happened
Category: Printers
Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

There are a number of things that can cause this problem. Let's start with the easiest first. Please remove all of the paper and start with a fresh batch, preferably from an unopened package. Insert a fair amount of paper 30-40 sheets. Make sure that you gently push the paper forward until you encounter resistance. Also, make sure that the paper guides are snug (without squishing paper) along the edges of the paper. Please try this and let me know the results.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer.

If that didn't resolve the problem, please click the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps there.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=nz&lang=en&prod=dcp8060_all&faqid=faq00002490_004

If you are still having trouble after following these steps, be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it did not work
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello?

If replacing the paper did not work. please follow the troublehsooting steps listed here and let me know the results.

Your patience is appreciated. It takes time to formulate and type out a reply.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i dont have two trays

Those are general steps for troubleshooting this error with Brother printers. Did you follow all troubleshooting steps that applied to your printer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i did

Thank you. I apologize but I am out of ideas. I will opt out and open the question ot other experts who may be able to help. Have great day!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
wow. so no help?
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer. I am another Expert and I will be assisting you today.

The most common and likely cause to this type of problem is either some foreign object/paper dust is stuck in the paper feed or printer, or the paper sensor in the feed tray has become dirty or defective.

Turn Off the printer, unplug it from the power as well as from computer completely.Then remove all paper from the paper feed unit and blow it out with compressed air a few times. With a flashlight look inside the paper feed to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen.

Next, take moistened Q-tips and clean the rubber rollers in the automatic sheet feeder using it. Then blow some compressed air inside the printer as well to remove excess dust and to dry the rollers.

Holding the printer in both hands , turn it upside down and gently shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area.

Then plug the printer back up and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 5 pages) of paper.Then try to print again.

If still it doesn't helps then as a last resort you can try forcing a thick paper or fold a A4 piece of paper in half, and then by hand push it through the machine, hopefully this may push any objects out.

After that turn the printer OFF, when it is on, by unplugging it from the power source.
Then unplug it from the computer and leave it that way for 10 minutes. Then replace everything back.

Tell me how it goes!