Printers

My Canon printer was disconnected from the system and I do…

Customer Question
My Canon printer was...
My Canon printer was disconnected from the system and I do not have a disk to reput the printer on my computer HELP PLEASE... Read full answer
My Canon printer was disconnected from the system and I do not have a disk to reput the printer on my computer HELP PLEASE
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
10/17/2016
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 2 years ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Is the printer connected to your computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Windows 7 and the printer is connected to the computer . it is not wireless

Thank you. Did you uninstall any Canon program from your computer recently?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Can you click on Start, then click on Devices and Printers, then do you see the Canon printer there?

Can you disconnect the printer's USB cable from the computer, then make sure the printer is powered on, then re-connect the printer's USB cable securely to both printer and computer, then does the computer make a sound when you plug in the printer to the computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Any Canon printer compatible with 5G? I don't have Canon but
I don't have Canon but looking for a copier that will handle 5G … read more
Sayed
Sayed
Bachlelors Degree in Computer Science
I need to get my canon PIXMA iP90n t0n work withn office
I need to get my canon PIXMA iP90n t0n work withn office 365releasen16lnn s0 far no luck. it has a Bluetooth nodule I ordered from Germany and fresh ink and printer head. … read more
Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B
ICT Support 1/2/3/ Line,
Information Technology
I bought a new canon pima mg 3029 printer and I don't know
I bought a new canon pima mg 3029 printer and I don't know how to set-up. It is on and the button is flashing green beside wireless however, I can't print anything. Help please … read more
Stop searching for answers—
I changed the black ink cartridges in my Canon MX922 and now
I changed the black ink cartridges in my Canon MX922 and now it does not communicate with my MacBook. I changed the wifi locations to another one, but that didn't help What can I do????… read more
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Printer Technician,
I have a Canon MG4120 that is not responding. It keeps
I have a Canon MG4120 that is not responding. It keeps saying that the computer is online. I have turned it on and off five times. I have restarted my computer???? What now?… read more
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Printer Technician,
My Printer is a Canon Pixma MG2260 which I wish to connect
Hi, My Printer is a Canon Pixma MG2260 which I wish to connect to my new laptop I had it connected to my desk top. THE PROBLEM IS I DO NOT HAVE THE PRINTER DISK CAN YOU HELP. THANK YOU *****… read more
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Printer Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a Canon MX860 printer and a Microsoft 8.1 operating
I have a Canon MX860 printer and a Microsoft 8.1 operating system on my laptop. I recently got a virus on my machine and took it to Staples to have the virus cleaned from my machine. When I got the ma… read more
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Printer Technician,
I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 Laptop with Windows XP Professional.
I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 Laptop with Windows XP Professional. It is connected via USB to a Canon Pixma MG8120. Everything seemed to work well together for a long time. At some point, the laptop sl… read more
Justin
Justin
Network Administrator,
My printer is telling me there is a paper jam, and there is
My printer is telling me there is a paper jam, and there is Not. It happens about 60 % of the time.… read more
Printer and Office Tech,
My Brother HL5250DN will not print: cgpdftoraster: cupsRasterinterpretPPD
My Brother HL5250DN will not print: cgpdftoraster: cupsRasterinterpretPPD had an error: Unknown operator "status dict"!… read more
tekbabe
tekbabe
Technical Support Coordinator,
My computer crashed and had to get a new hArd drive. Now I
My computer crashed and had to get a new hArd drive. Now I cannot find the setup disk for my Canon MG6120. Can I download software from your web site so I can print again?… read more
Printer and Office Tech,
I have a canon ip 8500 that wont since I download weprint.
I have a canon ip 8500 that won't since I download weprint. Uninstalled weprint and I get the following error message /usr/libexec/cups/backend/dnssdfailed. Also unable to open the printer (read failu… read more
Printer and Office Tech,
Stop searching for answers—
My Canon 640 is not printing from certain sites. They are
My Canon 640 is not printing from certain sites. They are all reputable sites such as Great West Life. My printer will print out my emails and general information but the large company sites seem to b… read more
Computer-Web-Justin
Computer-Web-Justin
I have a 6500 multifunction New Black cartridge, although
I have a 6500 multifunction New Black cartridge, although the others are low When I print, it prints in yellow only...not black and white which is the only thing I want ... Whassup? help!… read more
Printer and Office Tech,
Just bought Canon ImageCLASS MF4570dn printer at Best Buy.
Just bought Canon ImageCLASS MF4570dn printer at Best Buy. Software disk does not have installation ability that I can see for the Mac Pro G4 and G5 computers that I use. Do you have software package … read more
Printer Answerman
Printer Answerman
Electronic Technical Support Specialist,
I cannot get my offices Canon iR2550 to print from the computers
I cannot get my office's Canon iR2550 to print from the computers in the network. It says the printer is offline.… read more
Billie
Billie
Diploma in public relations and adv
Where Can I Get A Replcement Printer Ink Head For a Canon FAXPHONE
Where Can I Get A Replcement Printer Ink Head For a Canon FAXPHONE B740 !!??? I Have Been Told It Is Impossible To Get Replacement Parts Because This Piece Of SHIT IS NOW OBSOLITE!!!!!!!!!!!! I Apolij… read more
Simit
Simit
I am trying to replace an ink cartridge. The replacement is
I am trying to replace an ink cartridge. The replacement is not an original Canon product but I have ordered it from a reputable dealer. The cartridge fits well except I don't know how to replace the … read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Bachelor's Program