WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

My HP Envy 110 stopped working. The extender arm doesn't

Customer Question

My HP Envy 110 stopped working. The extender arm doesn't come out, and the message on the screen is "to enable the display to move freely, remove anything that might be in the way." Okay, but nothing's in the way. I should also say that the screen door opens. The printer has been having trouble for a couple of weeks but now it's kaput.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Hp Envy 110. It's about 3-4 years old, and it was once the best printer we ever bought. We have recommended it to friends.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac. OS X El Capitan
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2-3 weeks. before this the printer has had issues with paper bunching up and having to be removed manually.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing else
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Wes, and I'll be assisting you today.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

The extender arm might be stuck. Try to use a little force to move it manually. Sometimes it needs a bit of force.

If it still does not move., let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have moved it manually
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Is the error still visible?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want the secure remote assistance due to bad experience in the past with the same thing. Is your advice to move the extender arm manually all I'm getting for the $26 dollars I've charged? If so, to pay for such "advice" is outrageous.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

The correct procedure is to have it serviced by a printer repair technician, but might cost about the same as new printer.

In this case, I am trying to help you by doing what is possible right now to get the printer working for you.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

If the error still persists, then the printer has a damaged part which will require servicing, but you may consider getting a new printer that is under warranty for the same cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the "error" message is still visible. it popped back on the darkened screen with I touched it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any more response or are you done with me?
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, had internet issues.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

This means there is a hardware issue and will need to be serviced. Unfortunately, this means it would be more cost effective to purchase a new printer.