Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Not reeding in my computer from cd rom dics, pixma mg 2960

Customer Question
not reeding in my computer...
not reeding in my computer from cd rom dics
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: pixma mg 2960 new
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Lenovo ideapad ,100
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: not reeding in printer set up
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/17/2016
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 1 year ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. After inserting the printer's CD disk, does it show up in File Explorer -> This PC (or Computer) window?

Does the cd/dvd drive letter show up in This PC (or Computer) window / option?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Solution #1:

1. Insert the printer's CD disk.
  2. Press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and E on your computer's keyboard. Then a windows should come up.
  3. Click on the option This PC or the option Computer on the left.
  4. Then double-click on the cd/dvd drive letter, if shown
    , and if needed, double-click on the Setup item if shown.
  5. Then it should start the installation process, and continue.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please remove the printer's CD disk from the computer

, then click on the Canon website below for the printer's driver / software:

http://support-au.canon.com.au/contents/AU/EN/0100599301.html

, then scroll down to the bottom, then click on the small squared box below Download

, then click on the red Download option, then it will start downloading

, then open / run the download file win-mg2900-1_1-mcd... and install it, then it should work.

; (Note: If the above website link does not work, then download / install the file mp68-win-mg2900-1_01-ea33_3... at the website link http://tinyurl.com/zqdod3q )

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician