John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

It will be going through the window soon. I have a new

Customer Question

It will be going through the window soon. I have a new internet Isp I have a new ISP but the printer was on the old ISP. I tried deleting and re-instlling everything but it didn't work. I have rest the LAN settings but they are now stuck on the old defaut setting, not the new ISP
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon Pixma MP600R, at least 10 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I got a new laptop and installed fine wireless. I then changed internet from Sky to BT and the printer didn't work. I assumed this was because the ISP had changed. I uninstalled everything and tried to re-install but it would not recognise the printer
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I printed the LAN details from the printer and realised it still showed the old Sky SSID So I have reset the LAN details from the printer. I have tried turning everything off and on again, multiple times
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

It would require me to remote in your computer and work on the issue.

It will help me to understand the problem better and will give me a better insight on how to troubleshoot the issue.

Don't worry if the problem doesn't gets solved and you are not satisfied you can ask for a refund.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am unsure as allowing someone remote access to my PC seems very foolish and I have no idea how much it may cost
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No thank you. I will exit now

We have a very secure and transparent Remote setup. You will be able to see what I do on the screen,

Otherwise if you want we can continue troubleshooting over this window.