John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I had my printer repaired yesterday, but after getting home

Customer Question

I had my printer repaired yesterday, but after getting home and plugging it in to power, I can't print from my computer anymore.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a Brother MFC-J4620DW and it was bought new in March 2016
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: A MacBook Pro, and I'm not sure what 'operating system' means - would that be IOS?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's been an issue since I got it home from the repair shop. All that happened before this was that I plugged it in to power.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything else that's relevant, except that what they fixed was the fact that it kept holding onto paper during printing, ie taking ages to finish a page.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Do you have the printer working off usb, or wifi?