VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

Brother DCP-L2540W printer and after downloaded the drivers

Customer Question

Brother DCP-L2540W printer and after downloaded the drivers and the installation process begins and it asks me to connect the printer to the computer it doesn't recognize that it is plugged in and doesn't connect, I have tried three different cables and also different USB ports
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I just bought it
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: PC Windows 7
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am trying to install it for the first time
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you with this issue.

This is a new Printer and the initial install?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This isn't my computer so can't authorize access.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?

Ok. did you connect the Printer to the USB Port?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did

OK... Does Windows 7 Chime when you connect the Printer to the USB Port? Any of them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it doesn't

OK, what we will do now is a Factory Reset. If this does not work, it means that there is an issue with the Printer and you "MUST" return it to the Retailer for an "Even Exchange."

Reset the print server to the default factory settings.

If you wish to reset the print server back to its default factory settings (resetting all information such as the password ***** IP address information), please follow the steps below:

1. Press the Up or Down arrow key (+ or -) to choose the Network option, and then press OK.
  2. Press the UP or Down arrow key (+ or -) to choose the Network Reset option, and then press OK. Press the Up arrow key (+).
  3. Press the Up arrow (+) for Yes. The machine will restart.

Let me know the results, please.