Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

We got new equipment from Comcast/Xfinity for the TV and

Customer Question
computer JA: What's the make and...
We got new equipment from Comcast/Xfinity for the TV and computer
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: and since we hooked it up, our printer Office Jet 6500A, has stopped printing.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Can you help, please?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The printer was okay before the new modem, etc. was installed, so
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: since last week. This is a wireless printer, I believe.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/14/2016
Technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Are you using a Windows or a Mac computer with the printer?

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue now?

Please reply back to me using the box below.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have a Mac; the message I am getting when using System Preference is that the printer is "not connected".
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I alteady paid the $5.00 to ask you a questio, and you haven't answered my question; you need to answer my initial qiestion or is this a scam?
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 1 year ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech. I will help you with this; we guarantee our service, so don't worry.

Have you tried to do the wireless setup wizard on the printer's screen?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, Viet,I'm at the printer now and reading Wireless Setup Help; the problem is the arrow is not moving to page 2 of what appears to be a 4-page instruction sheet.

Sorry, can you turn off the printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for about 2 minutes, then reconnect, then turn on and try again. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just did that

So you touch the Right Arrow, then does it show Network option?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I turned the power on and tried to print the jobs on cue but nothing happened.

Please DO NOT try printing for now. Please do not try anything on your computer for now.

- On the printer, please touch the Right Arrow icon, then what do you see next on the printer's screen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The Help topics only concern loading of documents in the feeder or scanner; I can't get any topic re internet connection on the printer screen

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see Setup, Ink Status, Photoand Auto Answer On

Select Setup, then let me know what it shows next. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It has Wireless setup help, the same page I was on earlier but I could not get to page 2 even when I pressed the lit arrow or the OK

What are the options in Wireless setup help?

After researching the issue, I found an instruction video. Can you please click on the website below and follow the steps as shown in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwY0cvSAiWg

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you for your patience.

Are you able to watch the instruction video? Do you get similar menus / options on your printer's screen as shown on the video?

When you are available, please reply back to continue. Thank you,

How are you? It's been a few days. Do you still need help with the printer issue and/or with anything else?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician