John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am having problems installing a Canon MG3620 - does anyone

Customer Question

I am having problems installing a Canon MG3620 - does anyone here have experience with that?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. I have installed printers thousands of times. May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey Jason

I have tried a few ways.

1. Downloading Canon app...and getting my Power Button to flash on/off etc. and then trying to connect it to the Wifi but the Canon printer doesnt appear on the Wifi list

2. I put a cable from my computer to printer and downloaded the drivers - and went to system preferences and tried to add it there - but again, its not showing up!

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey is this done via a phone call or how does it work?

If you accept the secure remote assistance session, I can remote into your computer and do it for you. If you don't want to do it that way, I can then try and give you instructions instead via this page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey I resolve the issue myself...It was because the bandwidth was different on the router than the printer...

The 'bandwidth' was different? I am glad to hear you got it working. Is there anything else that I can help with while you have me here?