Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

MX922. I print booklet pages 5" x 8.5." The print area is to

Customer Question

MX922. I print booklet pages 5" x 8.5." The print area is to the left side of an 8.5" x 11" page. I need to print directly on the back side of the page as in back to back for the 5" x 8.5" size page. When I try printing B to B it comes out offset. On my last Cannon I was able to do this. I am sure there most be a way to do this but I haven't found it. Do you have a solution for this?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?
Customer: July 2014, Serial: ADJV46968 I have had to be creative to do this. I print the first page from the computer. Print the second page and cut a strip of paper and place it on the copier so that it off sets the second page and copy it to the back of the first. I am sure there is a better way and I have used a lot of paper trying to find out how. I haven't found it in the Cannon pull down information. Thanks for your help.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC and Microsoft 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been an issue since I bought the printer. I am still trying to find an answer.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. The printer works fine. I am finally trying to find a way to do this way to print the narrowed page back to back.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I advise you to do one of several things, to make this sort of duplex printing much easier:

1. you can set the pages to print Landscape orientation, instead of Portrait. That way, they may all come out on the 'top' of the page, on both sides.

or

2. you can get paper stock that is the right size, and print on that (if the printer will use blank paper stock of that size.)

or

3. you could cut-down normal paper stock to your own custom size (again, if the printer will use blank paper stock of that size.)

or

4. you could make each page an image, and include the right offset of blank-space-added to left and right. This does not apply if you want to print a great many of these pages of this size and orientation of double-sided printing, instead of just one or two.

And there may be other solutions, too. Let me know what of the above-mentioned sounds most promising.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Thanks.