Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP printer is new from Staples on 08/26/2016. It was

Customer Question
My HP printer is...

My HP printer is new from Staples on 08/26/2016. It was working fine until three days ago when it stopped receiving my print instructions from my computer. I then connected my computer to my back-up brothers computer that took the print message and printed my letter. All other manual print features of the printer are in good order. My printer is connected to the internet for your interrogation. Your task now.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I have no estimate of age. It was on special for $99.50am. It is a HP Officejet Pro X476dw MFP

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I first looked for a paper jam message. There was none. I followed the clearance protocols, not even a scrap of paper. I then exercised the manual print functions they all worked. I then unplugged by computer from the printer to see if my computer would pick-up the disconnect. It did pick it up. I then reattached the cable and the computer picked up the reconnection. I then connected to my Brother back up printer. I t printed my letter perfectly. What is happening wrong from my perspective is that the HP is not acting on a correctly generated print message.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

I am connected to the internet and you should be able to intorregate the HP for a cause, effects and solution action.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
10/10/2016
Technician: arsufi2002, Technician replied 1 year ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Technician

My name is ***** ***** of the expert in Printer Category. I would like to assist you with your issue and would be your active expert..

From above post we could understand that printer itself is working fine.

The only issue is printer is not responding to computer commands

By the way, hows the printer connected to computer? (LAN / Wireless / USB)

Are you there?