crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

Brother MFC 9330CDW is printing with a couple of creases

Customer Question

Brother MFC 9330CDW is printing with a couple of creases from the top of page to bottom.
Have checked the paper in tray and seems ok
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 11 months ago.

Hi Peter!

Do you mean it is showing lines on the paper itself or it is "crinkling" the paper when it feeds?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Josh,
Is crinkling the paper
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The paper is clean & clear in the tray, but comes out crinkled
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
With all the information on it

Thank you for the information.

Try reducing the amount of paper in the tray to 1 piece of paper and printing. Does it still wrinkle?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Josh,
It is still crinkled as well as smudging where the creases are down the left side of the page

Take a look here: http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc9340cdw_all&faqid=faq00000231_045

The model is 9340 on the page but should be extremely similar to your 9330. Please try the steps listed to see if it will fix the issue-- the page has pictures as well to help you through it.

Please let me know if that fixes the issue otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Josh,
Unfortunately it didn't change the out come

How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Approx 3 years

Unfortunately, in this case, you will need to contact Brother technical support for repair. Brother should be able to provide you with the cost of repair and you can determine if the cost of repair is worth it or if it is cheaper to purchase a newer printer.

Please call 02 8875 6000

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Josh,
Any other suggestions ?
Cheers

I am not sure if you saw my last reply but here it is again:

Unfortunately, in this case, you will need to contact Brother technical support for repair. Brother should be able to provide you with the cost of repair and you can determine if the cost of repair is worth it or if it is cheaper to purchase a newer printer. Please call 02 8875 6000 If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.