Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer will not turn on, it keeps shutting down, This is…

Customer Question
My printer will not...

My printer will not turn on, it keeps shutting down

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

This is a printer not a tv. brother j6720dw

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac latest OS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since i tried to connect it to the wireless router

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

I unplug the printer wait a while replug but the only screen that comes on is 'shutting down' even though there is on/off to resume is on screen. touch do not work

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
10/10/2016
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have previously unplugged it overnight

Thanks

When it powers on, is it giving an error message at all? Or it just switches off again instantly?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
shuts down after a few seconds
i have plugged it back in and the same message come up 'shutting down' 'all functions will be disabled' then it switched off

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this confirms it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks for your help

you're most welcome

If you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the rating of my service via the stars at the top then submit So I am credited

Thank you