Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My pc is asking for a pass word while i'm installing my cd

Customer Question
for a wireless hp printer...
my pc is asking for a pass word while i'm installing my cd for a wireless hp printer ????
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its is a photosmart c4780 all in one --year is about 2011 --it is connected to my modem now ???
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: mac mavric os-x
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: newly installed mavric software in a macbook--however i'm using the original cd that came with the printer...
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
10/5/2016
Technician: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

If you see a pop up box asking for a password ***** download your new printer cd/software, please

try to enter your mac login password ***** you use everyday to sign into your computer.

Update me with results and we can go from there.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin