Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I keep getting an paper code 1007 that says upper tray empty

Customer Question

I keep getting an paper code 1007 that says upper tray empty on 5400 series when I am trying to print from lower tray. Help?
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cannon Series
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Approximately how old is the printer?

What software or application are you printing from, and what operating system does your computer or mobile device use?

Usually the paper will be pulled from the appropriate tray based on the size of the document you are printing.

It's likely your settings are configured for a size that will be pulled from the upper tray (which is designed for smaller sized paper).

Check the size of your document to ensure that you are set to print on standard plain paper if that is what you are using in the printer.

Let me know if that helps?

------------------------------

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.