Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

I have a PC desk top computer. I have a new printer EPSON

Customer Question

I have a PC desk top computer. I have a new printer
EPSON WF-2650 series. I went on line to see how to replace the ink cartridge.
All went well. I double check that it was firmly in place, but the message on the control panel keeps telling me that the ink cartridge is not recognized. Help! (Yes, I tried power down, power up.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 9 months ago.

Ink cartridges cannot be detected error means that either a cartridge is not clicked in correctly, the chip is dirty, faulty, or the chip contacts (in printer) are damaged.
Try following the steps below to determine which it is. Make sure the printer is powered on - unless advised otherwise.
1) Epson "ink cartridges cannot be detected" error can simply mean that the cartridges are not clicked in properly. Non genuine cartridge and particularly CISS cartridge can need a fair amount of force when installing - more than Epson genuine cartridges. Close the printer lid and/or press the "Ink" button - when finished. If the error disappears and the printer now says "Charging ink" or returns to the usual "home" display, the problem is solved. If the "Ink cartridge cannot be detected" message returns, try repeating this process once before moving to the next step.
2) Remove all the cartridges and inspect the cartridge chip and also the area on the printer where the cartridge sits. If dirty or inky, wipe it with damp tissue then polish with dry. Fit cartridge back in printer.
Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.Ink cartridges cannot be detected error means that either a cartridge is not clicked in correctly, the chip is dirty, faulty, or the chip contacts (in printer) are damaged.
Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.

I was wondering if you have any updates for me.