Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Now what do I do. Reset the Brother MFC-J825DW printer? How…

Customer Question
Now what do I do...
Now what do I do. Reset the Brother MFC-J825DW printer? How do I do that? (I already tired unplugging it for 10 minutes.)
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/30/2016
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The problem is with the printhead. The print-head is the part of the printer which puts ink on the paper from the cartridges.

As of first step we will try manually cleaning.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Turn off the printer.
2) Open the printer.
3) Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
4) Use cotton swabs dipped in rubbing alcohol to thoroughly clean the area where the cartridges sit and the contacts on each cartridges .
Note:You have to clean repeatedly until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
5) Then allow the cartridges to dry(important).
6) Then replace back everything.
7) Then turn off your printer for a minute or two and then restart and print a test page.

Tell me how it goes!