Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I want to scan a document into my computer. NOW what^,

Customer Question

hi! I want to scan a document into my computer. NOW what^
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: newish. canonmg3500
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: A new PC with Windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I"ve made copies with no problem. I have never yet scanned anything...
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, i just want to be able to scan the doc so that I will be able to email it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you currently able to print fine?

Do you see the (Canon) IJ Scan Utility program on your computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Id rather you just told me what to do. Just a sec and i'll look for the IJ Scan Utility program

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. But no problem, I will provide written instructions per your request.

- Please click on Start -> All programs -> Canon Utilities -> IJ Scan Utility if available, and see if you can scan with it.

- If needed, please let me know if the printer is connected to your computer with a USB cable, or if the printer is wireless.

Please stay with me on this web page. Please download and install the MG3500 series Full Driver & Software Package at the Canon website below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-series-inkjet/mg3520?tab=drivers

; once done installing, then click on Start -> All programs -> Canon Utilities -> IJ Scan Utility if available, and see if you can scan with it.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you! Thats enough! I have now spent more than the printer cost me!!!!!!

I'm sorry. The remote support and phone support services are only optional; since you do not want that, then there is no additional cost at all. Or if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix the issue directly and quickly for you with a very small amount as shown. This is optional only. Otherwise, we can just troubleshoot the issue by typing back and forth at this web page. There is no time limit for support

- Can you please stay with me on this web page, so I can help you?

- Did you try my last suggestion?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Here are more detailed steps:

1. Click on the website below:
    http://tinyurl.com/zgquodc
  2. Then save the item file mp68-win-mg3500-1_01-ejs when prompted.
  3. Once downloading is done, then open / run the file mp68-win-mg3500-1_01-ejs and install it.

- One installation is done successfully, then click on Start, then click on All programs. Then scroll down as needed, then click on Canon Utilities, then click on IJ Scan Utility.

, then you can click on Auto (or click on Document or Photo) in the IJ Scan Utility program for scanning.

Yes, we can continue when you are available. It looks like you are still not available, and I need to go now. I will be back later tonight; I work very late. Otherwise, we can continue tomorrow.

Please let me know; we guarantee our service, so don't worry.

How are you? Have you tried my suggestion yet?

Do you still need help with the scanning issue and/or with anything else?

- Also, if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly on your computer for you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I"m back! I have been able to down load the Canon Utilities thing you mentioned above, however, i am not allowed to open it. And this, although my printer is listed among the devices etc. connected to this computer, I am told it cannot be found... NOW what?

Thank you. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

When the Canon IJ Scan Utility window is open, look at the Product Name at the top. Click on the dropdown list at the top, then select each item there (if there are multiple Canon items), and then click on Auto (or Photo or Document) option to scan, and check.

https://support.usa.canon.com/library/attachments/embedded/5853_image_11.gif

If needed, download and install the NAPS2 program at the website below:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/naps2/

, then open the NAPS program and use it to scan.

If needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows log and R on the keyboard, then type services.msc then click OK

, then scroll down, then double-click on the item Windows Image Acquisition in order to open it

, then for Startup type, make sure it is set to Automatic

, then click on Apply button at bottom

, then click on Start button

, then click OK button at bottom

, then check scanning with the IJ Scan Utility program and/or check scanning with the NAPS2 program.

- It's been about a week. Do you still need help with the scanning issue and/or with anything else?