Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Bother MFC-J6920DW, 4 months old, printing askew vertically,

Customer Question
bother MFC-J6920DW JA: What's the make/model...
bother MFC-J6920DW
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: 4 months old, printing askew vertically
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: paper jam
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: cleared jam as much as could
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/28/2016
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 1 year ago
Josh, Technician

Hi!

Let's try a couple of things to fix the issue..

On the printer, press the Ink button (it shows the color cartridges)

Press Test Print

Press Alignment

Press Ok

Your printer will print an alignment page

For the "A" pattern, press the Up or Down arrow to display the number of the test print that has the least visible vertical stripes (1-9), and then press it. Press OK. Repeat this step for the B, C and D patterns.

Press Home button (looks like a home)

If the issue continues:

1. Press Ink button
  2. Press Test Print.
  3. Press Print Quality.
  4. Press OK. The machine begins printing the Print Quality Check Sheet.
  5. Check the quality of the four color blocks on the sheet.
  6. The Touchscreen asks you if the print quality is OK.

Do one of the following:

• If all lines are clear and visible, press Yes to finish the Print Quality check and go to STEP 12.
    • If you can see missing short lines as shown below, press No.
  7. The Touchscreen asks you if the print quality is OK for black and then the three colors. Press Yes or No.
  8. The Touchscreen asks you if you want to start cleaning. Press OK. The machine starts cleaning the print head.
  9. After the cleaning procedure is finished, press OK. The machine prints the Print Quality Check Sheet again.
  10. Once it prints out, check the quality of the four color blocks on the sheet.
  11. The Touchscreen will ask you if the print quality is OK.

If the issue remains, please reply back otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Hi again,

I am just checking back in because I have not heard from you in a while -- If you can rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you and mark the question as helped.

Josh, Technician