Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My Hp office jet pro 6830 is offline and will not print with

Customer Question
My Hp office jet pro...
My Hp office jet pro 6830 is offline and will not print with a Mac Book Pro
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 1 month old. HP Officejet Pro6830.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since i bought it. It will not connect. I unplug and plug back in. I have unplugged the router too,deleted old printers from the mac book.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/26/2016
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
windows

You said that you have a MacBook Pro. That is not a windows operating system.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is apple operating system

You do not seem to know a lot about your computer. I think that the best way for us to proceed would be with Secure Remote Assistance. This is a Premium Service, and there will be an extra charge.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would rather not. Can you give me some ideas to try.

It takes more than ideas to troubleshoot your problem and configure your printer. There are detailed instructions that you must follow. Can you do that, starting with selecting the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen and telling me what the menu choices are?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
About this Mac, software update, system preferences, recent items,force quit, sleep restart, shutdown

Okay, very good. Please go to About this Mac, and it will tell you the Operating System. It will be OSX 10.xx.yy, and it will also have a name.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OS X Lion 10.7.5

Thank you. Now please go to the Apple again and select System Preferences. In that window ocate and select the Printers & Scanners icon.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Done

Is a print server icon for your HP OfficeJet Pro 6830 shown there?

And does it show a status for that printer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In use

You indicated that your printer was offline. Where did it show that? Was is on the printer or on the mac?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On the mac
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It now says Idle I deleted a print job

Okay. Do you have any other installed printers on the mac?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Okay. Please hold the option key down and select the - Remove Printer link. If it opens a Reset Printing System menu, please select that. If not, we will try something else.

The Option key might be labeled as the Command or Cmd key.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing is happening when I hold the key down

You must select the -Remove link in the window with the select button on your mouse.

...while holding the option key down.

This is taking too long. Please let me know what problem you are having.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing is responding. Thank you for your help I will try on my own

I said that if it was not working we could try something else. Please forget the option key and just select the -Remove printer link in the window.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok done

Now hold the CTRL key down and select anywhere in the left half of the printer window to open the Reset Printing System menu, and select that menu.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let's just end this. Thank you for your help!

Agreed.

I apologize for the trial and error with your directions. I have looked up exactly how to reset the printing system on your version of the OSX operating system, and I told you wrong. On OSX 10.7.5 Lion, the way to reset the printing system is to use the select button on your mouse (left click) to select the area in the left half of the printer screen and use menu button on your mouse (right-click) to open the reset printing system menu and then select that menu,

If you are still in need of assistance, we can take it from there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

Okay. I am glad that you have responded. May I ask if you have Reset The Printing System?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's downloading now

Great! I see that you are making good progress on your own. Please let me know how it goes.

Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

It is unclear whether you still need help with this issue, if the previous expert was able to help you solve the problem, or if you solved the issue on your own.

When you can, please respond and let us know whether you still need help or not, so t hat we can continue working with you or mark this issue as closed / resolved, thank you.

Dustin S

John, Computer Science Engineer