Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I need help getting my printer setup with my chromebook,

Customer Question
i need help getting my...
i need help getting my printer setup with my chromebook
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: canon mg2520 and i just bought about a month ago
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: lenovo 100S chromebrook
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i just havent been able to set it up.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2016
Technician: Jennifer French, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your printer today!

Give me just a moment to look over your question so that I can assist you!

I see you need to setup your printer on your new notebook.

I'm assuming you want to set it up wirelessly and need to download the software for it, am I correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank u
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't think you can wireless but I do need to download the software

Are you comfortable downloading programs yourself or were you needing remote assistance? The remote assistance is an additional fee of $39.99, I believe but that can be negotiated. If you don't want to do that, that is fine, too. I want you to leave here today happy and satisfied with your service.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i need help downloading
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i dont have the 39.99

Let me see if I can discount it for you.

I tell you what. I will see if I can help you this way. If we run into a snag, we will work something out on the remote assistance, okay?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you

CLICK HERE TO OPEN THE DOWNLOAD PAGE

Once you have it opened, it should detect your Windows version. If you scroll all the way down, you will see MG2500 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP). Click on the SELECT button to the right. If there is more than one to click on, let me know.

Once you click on SELECT, you will see a download button. Click on that and it should start downloading.

You have to agree to the terms by checking the box below the download button before you click on it though.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't see that button

Which button?

Select or download?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Either one

Do you see drivers and downloads button?

If you see that, click on Drivers and Downloads and THEN look for the other buttons. I'm sorry. I should have stated that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know what system mine is

It is it brand new, it is probably Windows 10.

You can choose that one. If it doesn't work, then it is Windows 8. It's probably all the same driver, anyways.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a Lenovo 100S chromebook

OK. Is your printer plugged into the Chromebook?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does it need to be

Yes, it does. To set it up and for it to be working with this computer, we have to plug it in.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It gives me two option to download when I chose windows 10 witch one do I choose?

Neither. I just realized the new Chromebooks come with the Chrome OS so the install is a bit different than the one for Windows.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what do I do

You plug the printer into your Chromebook. Make sure the printer is on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

The Settings window will open. Scroll down to “Show advanced settings…” at the bottom of the window, and click on it. It's a blue link at the very bottom.

Scroll down to Google Cloud Print. You may have to scroll for a moment. Right under neath it is a button that says "Manage". Click on that.

Once you have that open, tell me what you have under "My Devices"?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It has save to google drive

Let me make sure your printer is Google Cloud ready. That's the only issue I have seen with Chromebook is setting up printers. You have to have a certain kind.

Do you have another computer or laptop that is setup with this printer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
with my desktop

I just researched it and the only you will be able to print any documents from your Chromebook with this particular printer would be to save it to Google Drive and then access Google Drive on your desktop and print it from there.

In order to print from this model chromebook, you'd have to get a compatible printer to do so.

I really hate giving bad news like this so please forgive me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mmmmm okay

Here is a list of cloud print ready printers from Canon, if you are interested.

https://printinginnovations.cusa.canon.com/core/google_cloud_print

If you want to setup Google Drive, you would have to have it on BOTH of your machines. Here are instructions on how to do that.

https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2424384?hl=en

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

I've done all that I can do for you today. I'm sorry I cannot do more. If you are satisfied with the service that I provided you, please kindly rate my answer with 5-stars so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.

Hope you have a wonderful evening.

Jennie

Jennifer French
Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician