John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer is offline and do not know why. I put in a new

Customer Question

My printer is offline and do not know why. I put in a new black cartridge thinking that was the problem but that is not it.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I have a Canon Pixma MG2922 and have had it about a year.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Dell and Windows 10. It was working perfectly until I needed a new router.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was working until I added it to the new router.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I told you all I know.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Did the printing issue first occur when you installed a new router?

Is the printer wireless? Or is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have provided the correct Visa card information and so I do not know why there is an error.

Sorry about that. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3dac5966-0581-4c7e-96c8-e486aad78a45
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Please let me know if you still need help with this or not.