John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have just set up a canon pixma ip100 printer, and used it

Customer Question

I have just set up a canon pixma ip100 printer, and used it last week without incident. now
my canon rebel T2i. shows busy in the LCD monitor and I can not access pictures. please advise
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me whether the problem is with your T2i camera, or your iP100 printer, or with both of them when they are hooked up together?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I believe it is with the camera
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I believe it is with the camera

So, does the camera fail to let you get past 'busy' even when it is not connected to the printer?

Was it formerly connected to the printer with a USB cable, perhaps (just guessing) ?

I would like to also ask, how old is the camera?

If the camera is 'busy' even when not connected to the camera nor to a USB cable, and you have tried shutting it Off for a little once and found it still 'busy', then try removing the batteries, and leaving the camera on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for overnight. Then put the batteries back in and try the camera again.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it is not busy when not connected to the printer. it's connected with the canon USB cable that came with the camera. the camera is about 5 years old. it worked fine last week

Then that's probably a problem with the printer interface, not the camera.

But, it might be a problem with the cable you are using. Such cables have only 4 wires in them, and if one of two of those four breaks, the communication with the device at the other end will remain pending, i.e. 'busy' perhaps.

So I suggest trying a different USB cable. Also check the USB ports at each end for fluff, dirt, dander, or anything else that might obstruct communication between the printer and the camera. Use an old (but clean, and dry) toothbrush, if needed, to give either USB port a scrub out and try it again, if either or both look dirty at all.

Let me know the result, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
will try thanks Kathryn feig

OK, Kathryn. Please let me know how it turns out.