Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a Brother MFC 9340 CDW color printer. For two days I

Customer Question
Hello. I have a...
Hello. I have a Brother MFC 9340 CDW color printer. For two days I have gotten the message to "put the Cyan toner cartridge back in". I have done this numerous times...it's a brand new toner...and printer won't print, keeps giving me that message.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Brother MFC-9340CDW color laser printer
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Hello?!
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Two days. to my knowledge, nothing happened before. I got a message to change yellow cartridge, which I did. this morning it was still giving me the message and then it said to change the cyan cartridge, which I did. I've had printer from several years and have never gotten this message before.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/22/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What is the full and exact error message, please?

And where does it appear, on the computer screen, or on the screen of the Brother printer itself?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
34;Put the Cyan toner cartridge back in"
On the printer Touchscreen

OK. I am looking up info on that error message... it's rare, and I'm not sure I have ever encountered that message before, so I need to look it up for a bit. Thanks for your patience meanwhile...

That error message is not listed even by Brother's own information on that model of printer.

This indicates either a severe and rare error - bad news, in short - or else, just perhaps, something just plain unusual.

Try following these illustrated instructions, step-by-step, for removing and putting back in, your toner cartridge of the Cyan color.

(Make sure the Cyan cartridge is actually in the Cyan slot, of course! that slight mistake might produce an unusual error.)

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc9340cdw_all&faqid=faq00000065_062

Also, while that cartridge is out of the machine, look in the Cyan cartridge and drum's slot, and make sure there isn't any toner spillage onto any metallic contact surfaces. IF there were such spilling of toner, a special cleaning-out, following certain procedures, would have to be done... let me know, if so, so that I may instruct you.

Let me know how it goes, please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that is how I replace toner cartridges. Just did again - for about the 8th time. Still giving me that msg so I'll need to call out a service repairman. Thanks for trying.

If the Cyan cartridge is not a genuine Brother-OEM-made cartridge, that can cause the problem.

Also, if there is toner spilled (of any color) onto metallic electric contacts in the machine where the Cyan cartridge goes, that could cause the problem too.

Good luck with the service facility. (Incidentally, if you give me the local zip code, I can give you listings of contact information for the local Brother Authorized repair service co.s for this model of MFC laser printer.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech