John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My canon mx479 ink jet printer got a paper jam. I pulled

Customer Question

My canon mx479 ink jet printer got a paper jam. I pulled paper out and cleared path. Looked like a little piece of paper in front between printer cartridge bands. Carefully pulled it out trying to minimize disturbance to bands. Printer works but printing is off with almost double text making it hard to read. Next I saw where printer showed a code 5100. Please advise on what to do.
thanks,
Pete Montalbano
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please