Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

ON CLEAR DECAL PAPER BUT MY PRINTER WILL NOT PRINT. IS THERE

Customer Question

I AM PRINTING ON CLEAR DECAL PAPER BUT MY PRINTER WILL NOT PRINT WHITE. IS THERE A WHITE INK CATRADGE. MY PRINTER IS A OFFICEJET 8600. HARRY
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: HP OFFICEJET POR 8600
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: 1 MONTH AGO
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

No, not with standard printers sorry.

You will not get white on the paper with a basic CMYK inkjet or laser printer. The CMYK color mixing is subtractive, meaning that it requires the base that is being colored to have all colors (i.e., White) So that it can create color variation through subtraction:

White - Cyan - Yellow = Green White - Yellow - Magenta = Red White - Cyan - Magenta = Blue

White is represented as 0 cyan, 0 yellow, 0 magenta, and 0 black – effectively, 0 ink for a printer that simply has those four cartridges. This works great when you have white media, as “printing no ink” simply leaves the white exposed, but this doesn’t work for non-white media.

You need a special printer such as this one

http://www.okidata.com/procolor/711wt

That has a special White toner in order to do this

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you