Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a hp Officejet 8610 and it is not printing, New, just

Customer Question
I have a hp Officejet...
I have a hp Officejet 8610 and it is not printing,
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: New, just went through the first set of ink cartiages.. Changed them and now it won't print. Print doesn't come up on the menu choices.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing, just that I needed ink. Printed on it Friday.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/20/2016
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HEllo
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
CAn you help me?

Lets forget the computer for a minute..

If you place a document on the scanner, and press the Black or Color button to start the copy job.

Will it make a copy and put ink on the paper?

To be clear, I want you to try the above using just the touchscreen and buttons on the printer.. Do not use the computer..

let me know if you get stuck or have any questions, or whether or not this works for you.

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am sorry I had a unexpected conference call come in yesterday and I had to discontinue. I did what you asked and it works.

Allright, so we know the printer can print and its mechanically sound.

So that means the issue is with the printers connection to the computer, or the printer driver.. We can fix this!

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Windows 10

Thank you.. One last question then we will start some repairs.

Your printer could be connected wirelessly, or it could be a direct connection using a USB cable straight to your computer..

How is the printer connected to your computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wireless..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need to leave the office to attend a meeting. can we continue this tomorrow..I am sure that there is something wrong with the connection.

We can continue tomorrow.. When you are ready tomorrow, this is where we start.

On your windows 10 computer, go to the devices and printers screen.

First, right click your HP printer and click see whats printing.. If it shows any documents, cancel / delete them.

Then, right click and delete / remove all copies of your hp printer. Once removed, restart the computer

And then when windows boots.. Go back to the devices and printers page, and then click add printer.. It will then scan for printers.

When it finds your HP printer, click it and add it.. If it installs without an error , you should now be able to printer.

If you get stuck, or run into any issues or even if this works please respond when you can and let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist