Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

I own a pixma MG7500series printer. I have managed to

Customer Question

Hello Gentlemen: I own a pixma MG7500series printer. I have managed to calibrate my monitor for photo printing. Is it also necessary to profile my printer for my choice of paper in order to print and match what I see on my monitor. and if so how do I go about it. what I see on my monitor is not what I'm getting on my printer. thanks for any help you can provide. CW.
.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. I am a licensed printer professional, and I will be assisting you today.

Open up a blank image in Photoshop or any software which you use for editing (with a white background) and hold up a piece of your high quality printing paper.

Does the white of the screen match the white of the paper ?

You have to try changing the brightness and contrast of your monitor to match the actual white paper.

If by adjusting the brightness and contrast doesn't matches your monitor screen.(rare cases)

Then you will have to purchase a colorimeter which will allow you to calibrate and profile your monitor so that the white point and every color points along the spectrum is consistently and dependably adjusted to be where it should be.

For more information on this, please refer to this guide: http://www.colorwiki.com/wiki/How_To_Get_My_Monitor_To_Match_My_Printer

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Please rate my service by clicking on one of the stars at the top > then click Submit.