Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a WF-2650 that printed for 2 nights and then quit. I

Customer Question
I have a WF-2650 that...
I have a WF-2650 that printed for 2 nights and then quit. I bought it new. The cartridge levels show full. It acts like it is printing but doesn't. I have tried doing all of the cleaning process. But none seem to have any effect.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: I have a WF-2650 that printed for 2 nights and then quit. I bought it new.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I can't print reports even. THE COMPUTER, THE SOWTWARE, THE CABLING ARE NOT THE ISSE!
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I bought the printer about 2 weeks ago.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: make sure the expert can read mand analyse my notes
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/20/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me a few things about your printer, so that I may give you good advice:

Have you tried printing a test page generated by the printer itself, using the printer's own menus? (If not, I will advise you how to try that.)

What Windows (or MAC OS X) do you have on the computer you (try to) print with, please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried print test pages from computer. (Windows, so you can charge off in the wrong direction) Clearly ydid not read my notes. I cannot print ANYTHING FROM ANYWHERE! I don't know how to communicate ite any clearer!

Sounds hopeless, if you're right.

May I suggest putting in a failed-within-warranty claim to Epson, for free repair?

Unless, of course, the easier alternative is, to return it for an exchange to the store or vendor you bought it from... if they allow return-exchanges within 2+ weeks of purchase date.

I don't know whether you'd look on that favorably, but it is an option (warranty repair by Epson - free of charge.)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, so it sounds like your diagnosis is hardware failure. I will take it from there. Thank you

I'm not saying it is - I've hardly had time to examine the case in any detail - but it is one approach, that would put an end to the frustration that this case obviously has caused.

Good luck with it.

(Do you need any more info or advice, or should I close this case?)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You can close this case

OK.

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

John, Computer Science Engineer