Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My computer did not come back up except Bioas after the

Customer Question
my computer did not...
my computer did not come back up except Bioas after the upgrade for windows 18 it was windows 8
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Acer Aspire z3 605 3years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I'm printing on a different computer now it HP pavalion
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was going to run it back to factory settings
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i need a computer expert
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/19/2016
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

If you upgraded to windows 10 less then a month ago, we should easily be able to roll back to windows 8.

So lets start with this.. What exactly do you see on screen when you start the computer now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it shows just comes up acer an ask pass word and goes to or re boot
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
an if i do it again it comes up Bios setup utility
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you get to this computer that's not funual except start up

Ok, in the bios setup utility.. Do you see a key that says "load defaults and exit"?

lets try that first.. And then see if you can boot.. If so, we can then discuss rolling back to windows 8 or repairing windows 10.

If it doesnt boot and goes back to the bios utility.. Then t ry looking for the boot mode and change it from uefi to legacy, or vice versa..

Once we get the settings right, it should start up, or at least go into startup repair.. The first step is we have to get past the bios screen.

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Dustin S

Im not sure what you meant by yes.. Please be a bit more detailed when you respond that way we can work through this issue, thank you.

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it says F7 restore user defaults F9 load default settings F10 save an exit

so lets hit f7.. then hit enter for yes.. And then hits f10.. And then let me know if it tries to start or goes back to the bios,

D.S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
enter set up then ask for password
then goes back to BIOS

Allright. lets try this next. Its a bit involved but if you follow step for step we should be allright

1. Power the computer on.
  2. Press ALT+F10 when the Acer Logo appears.
  3. Choose your keyboard layout.
  4. Click Troubleshoot.
  5. Click Advanced options.
  6. Click Command Prompt.
  7. Type bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy, then press Enter to enable the Advanced Boot Options menu.
  8. Type exit, then press Enter to exit the command prompt.
  9. Click Turn off your PC.

Use the following steps to enter Safe mode to update the VGA driver:

1. Press Power button.
  2. Press F8 when the Acer logo appears.
  3. In the Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode.
  4. Launch the Device Manager and locate the Display adapters.
  5. Right-click on the AMD VGA driver and select Uninstall.
  6. Check Delete the driver software from this device and click OK to confirm uninstalling the device.
  7. Right-click on your pc name and select Scan for hardware changes.
  8. Download the AMD VGA driver 13.152 from Acer Drivers and Manuals page.
  9. Below Other devices, right-click on Video controller and select Update Driver Software….
  10. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
  11. Choose the AMD driver v13.152, and click Next.
  12. Click Close.
  13. Reboot your computer. The system will now enter Windows
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it does not do anything more
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it came up reboot an select proper boot device

When you hit alt f 10.. Did it go to the blue screen menus?

You have to be fast when you press alt f10, and hit it as soon as you press power.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no ie went black an ask enter pass word an goes bacy Bioas set up utility

Ok.. in the bios do you see anything that mentions UEFi mode or legacy?

We need to try and change the bios to legacy boot mode.. Please go through each menu using your arrow keys and tell me if you see an option similar to that.. Once we enable legacy boot mode or enable csm boot, and disable fast boot if you see it. Also disable secure boot if you see it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it goes to enter setup but goes back to black screen an in middle place to enter password

Which options did you see?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok it be a few min

Take your time.. Please tell me what options you seen, specifically any of the ones I mentioned.

And let me know which ones you changed and what you changed them to.

Also, did you choose save and exit after you made those changes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Launch CSM came up but did not give me any opition
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
always or never

Ok, when you say launch CSM.. Was that an option?

if you select it and choose always.. Then save settings and exit.. What happens?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it came up reboot or insert boot media an press any key

Ok, back to the bios setup u tility.. if you go to the boot section.. What do we see listed for boot devices?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
launch Csm
!st boot lan
2nd P2 Matshitadud -Ram 1
3rd removeable device
4th window boot manager
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Menu hotkeyF12Enable post boot menu hotkey F12 support
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it said this option controls if csm will be launched

lets make windows boot manager the first device.

And then, when you are changing boot devices do you see anything that says HDD?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

Allright, did you set windows boot manager as first, and then exit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i download a recovery disk maybe you could make it work if you would like to try

So.. w indows boot manager did not show us anything new?

In that case, the recovery disk you downlaoded.. How did you download it, and how did you burn it to the dvd or usb?

Hello again.. I never heard back from you, did you still need help with this issue?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will be back tomorrow I have to go to bed

Understood.. See you tomorrrow

D.S

Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist