Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

My lexmark printer pinnacle Pro does not print anything.

Customer Question

My lexmark printer pinnacle Pro does not print anything. Page is blank.What is the solutions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is Jennie! Thank you for choosing Just Answer! I understand that your printer is printing blank pages! I will do whatever I can to help you out today!

The most common cause for this is there may be protective tape on the bottom of a new ink cartridge if you have changed the ink recently, or there is no ink in the cartridge that is in your printer.

If neither is the issue, you can try cleaning the nozzles on your cartridges. Go to the Lexmark Control Program or Solution Center and run the Clean print nozzle test.
• If a black cartridge is installed, you should see black lines only.
• If the color cartridge is installed, you should see yellow, magenta (a reddish purple), and cyan (a dark sky blue) lines.
• If a photo cartridge is installed, you may see different colors.

Look at the diagonal lines above and below the solid horizontal lines. These diagonal lines should be solid from left-to-right, and there should be NO gaps.
If gaps exist in the lines, you could run the Clean Print Nozzle page a few more times to try and clear it up.

If that doesn't work, you can try "cleaning the wick".

Remove your cartridges.

Take a warm, damp paper towel and fold it so that it has about 1-2 mm thickness.

Set the ink cartridge with its right side up on the damp paper towel so that the ink nozzles are touching the towel, and hold the cartridge in this position for about 15 seconds. The nozzles are where the ink comes out of the cartridge.

Now drag the cartridge lightly across the paper towel in one direction only (left-to-right) until the bottom of the cartridge looks clean.

Turn the cartridge over so that you can see the bar code sticker on the back.
Note: Only perform the following steps if the contacts look dirty or corroded.

Using a clean pencil eraser, clean the contact points on the copper strip (only the little squares just below the bar code).
CAUTION: Do not use the eraser on the nozzles that were cleaned, as this will damage the cartridge.

Using a clean part of your dry paper towel, wipe the eraser dust off the contacts; ensure that they are dry, and then snap the cartridge back into the printer.

Reinstall the cartridges and then the Clean Nozzle procedure one more time.

If NONE of that works, please let me know and I will help you reinstall the printer drivers so that we can reset the ink levels. We may have to trick your printer into re-reading the ink levels for it to work properly.

The easiest things to do would be to try a different ink cartridge but that is completely up to you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

If this answer has been helpful to you, please kindly rate my answer with 5-stars so that I may receive credit for assisting you!

Thanks!

Jennie

Were you needing further assistance?