Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.The problem is caused due to clogged printhead or defective cartridge, please follow the steps below to clean the printhead. Let me know, if you need any further help, otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.
Cleaning the Print Head Using the Product Control Panel
You can clean the print head using the control panel on your product.
1. Make sure no product lights are indicating errors.
2. Load a few sheets of plain paper in the product.
3. Press the home button if necessary.
4. Press the arrow buttons to select Setup and press the OK button.
5. Press the arrow buttons to select Maintenance and press the OK button.
Caution: Never turn off the product during a cleaning cycle or you may damage it.
6. Select Nozzle Check and press the OK button to run a nozzle check to confirm that the print head is
If you don't see any improvement after cleaning the print head up to 4 times, turn off the product and wait
at least 6 hours. Then try cleaning the print head again. If quality still does not improve, one of the ink
cartridges may be old or damaged and needs to be replaced.
You see this screen:
6. Press the arrow buttons to select Head Cleaning and press the OK button.
power light flashes throughout the cleaning cycle and stays on when the cleaning cycle is