John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Canon Pima Pro-100 adds color to my grayscale TIFF

Customer Question

My Canon Pima Pro-100 adds color to my grayscale TIFF images. None of the ink cartridges is lacking, and I just replaced the cyan and light gray. The printer is still adding brown to my grayscale (one layer only) images.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would advise trying a Head Cleaning (or two) on the printer.

This is not done by hand, which might damage the printhead, but rather by using Maintenance functions either on the printer, or in the printer's software on the computer that prints to it.

Please tell me whether you have a Windows PC, or an Apple computer, and I will instruct you further as to how to do this. Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I use a Mac and will do this tomorrow (Monday, 19 September) and get back to you.

OK. Thanks for letting me know. Keep me posted, sometime tomorrow or so, please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm here with my Mac and printer, assuming I should load ordinary printer paper, not nice photo paper
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Maybe I should make an appointment to work through this with you, as I have other tasks to deal with today. It's 2 PM eastern time, and I have only about 10 more minutes to wait.
I can work on this tomorrow AM.
Or you can just go ahead and charge me for this consultation, and i can clean my print head myself.
I don't want to be a member of this service, just pay for what I have already used.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Gotta go.

Tomorrow AM's fine. Have a good day. Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner today.