technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years experience. B.S. Computer Science
65369237

I cant set u.p copy function keep getting paper source error

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 year ago.

Hello Roger, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I will help you now.

This message is displayed when an unsupported paper size or paper type is selected for the paper source. See the table below for the supported paper sizes and paper types.

Please follow these instructions to resolve the problem. Make sure to reply to me to let me know if it's working , or if you are still having trouble. Also, please rate my time and help before you leave. I strive for excellent (5 star) rating, and a positive rating is the ONLY way I receive any credit for helping you, so please make sure to rate.

1. Place your original document or photo on the top, left corner of the scanner glass.
  2. Press the home button, press the down arrow to select Setup and press the OK button.
  3. Press the down arrow to select Paper Setup, press the OK button.
  4. Press the right arrow to select Paper Size, and do one of the following:
    • If you're copying letter size paper select Letter, and press the OK button.
    • If you're copying a photo, select a size from the available paper sizes and press the OK button. The table shows compatible paper sizes and paper types.
  5. Press the down arrow to select Paper Type, and do one of the following:
    • If you're copying letter size paper, select Plain Paper, and press the OK button.
    • If you're copying a photo, select a size from the available paper types listed above, and press the OK button.
  6. Press the home button, press the up arrow to select Copy, and press the OK button.
  7. Press OK to adjust the Copy settings.

Note: The LCD displays the current Copy settings.

8. Under Settings, make sure the following is selected:
    • If you're copying letter size paper:
      • Layout is set to With Border.
      • Document Size is set to Letter.
      • 2-Sided is set to Off.
    • If you're copying a photo:
      • Layout is set to Borderless or With Border.
      • Document Size is set to a paper size from the above table.
      • 2-Sided is set to Off.
  9. Press back button.
  10. Press one of the Start buttons to make a copy in Black & White or Color.

IMPORTANT

Please take a moment to rate my time and help to you today. I strive for excellent service, and a positive rating is the only way I get any credit for helping you today. I also continue to help on this issue after rating until you are satisfied for no additional fee.