Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I'm having a great deal of trouble getting through to a live

Customer Question
person. When I finally...
I'm having a great deal of trouble getting through to a live person. When I finally did after 51 minutes on hold, I was given a Case #(###) ###-#### The gentleman worked with me for about ten [10] minutes dealing with the orange triangle with the lightning bolt through it. After numerous efforts, he finally suggested I unplug the system for at least an hour and then re-plug it in. That I did, and once again while the on switch came on, so did the alarm light. Nothing else, however would light up let alone work.
I tried to call back several times but after ten [10] minutes I would give up. Then the operator said that you close at 5:00 p.m. EDT which is really inconvenient for us in the west. So I'm send this message asking what should I try to do next? The printer isn't that old and it has been working really well, although it does use of ink relatively fast.
My phone number is(###) ###-####and my e-mail is***@******.***
thanks
Glenn W. Sinclair, Ph.D.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/13/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Hello, Glenn.

Do you get any specific error messages, or do you see a pattern to the flashing lights on the printer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There are NO flashing lights. Did you not read my email. And obviously you are not a Canon person or you would have access to this case. I am completely unsatisfied already. Cancel and I'll call Canon. I thought that is who I was getting. I already have a local techie... this is annoying
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cancel this whole deal. This is not what I thought I would get

Yes, I did read it it, that orange triangle is not what would be flashing. The printer should also be giving you an actual error code number on the display.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's my point... they are no other lights on except the 'on' switch itself... all the activities I tried are in the Case report. You won't be able to access the machine 'cause that's already been tried...

Thank you for clarifying.

I cannot see that case information, I am not a canon employee, and do not claim to be.

Canon service is very poor, as you've already experienced, which is why you're here now on this paid support site.

Do you wish to continue on with me?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not sure what continuing will do. I keep being asked for more money and so far I have received less help that I had this morning. I thought I was getting through to a Canon techie... I might as well wait for tomorrow and if they aren't any better then I'll next go to my own techie... thanks, ***** ***** is really so far from what I expected when I clicked on the help button... I did not expect to have to pay and then pay again, before even getting an indication that someone understands my dilemma...

I'm a printer tech, I work on all brands, and I know your model very well, if you wish to continue under the fee you've already paid, we can. Otherwise you may cancel from the help page.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's late, I have a migraine headache coming on, so I'll leave it for now and reconnect later...

Thats fine, you may follow up with me here anytime. We can chat by phone tomorrow if you prefer as well.

Goodnight,

John, Computer Science Engineer