Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

New Epson ET-2550, filling ink tanks for first time. Looked

Customer Question

New Epson ET-2550, filling ink tanks for first time. Looked at the number - 664 - and promptly put the yellow into the magenta tank. How do I get the ink out of one tank and into the proper one? I feel like an idiot but I don't know how to fix this. Any ideas?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Jackie, the best thing you can do here is to suck the ink out as best you can using a syringe, you may not be able to get every last bit out, but get what you can using a syringe or even a suction bulb that would be used for infants noses. You can try to salvage the ink to reuse, but if it is too messy just toss it out, a new ink bottle is cheap compared to the printer.

Get out as much as you can, then fill the tank up about half full with rubbing alcohol, poke a straw or qtip in there and swish around as best you can to remove the remaining ink stuck to the sides, suction out again and repeat until the tank is as clean as you can get it. Then you can eventually put the proper ink back in the slot.

It will be a bit of a long and messy process, but if you are methodical about it you'll be able to get it resolved, just do not try to print anything in the current state.

After you do get the proper ink replaced, run the head clean cycle a few times to flush any last traces of the old ink/alcohol through the lines.

Best regards,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Do you need more help with this, Jackie?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.