Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

I have a new Canon MG7720 wireless printer-copier-scanner.

Customer Question

I have a new Canon MG7720 wireless printer-copier-scanner. Connected, or so I thought, to my Mac and phone though my wireless network. The printer is paused and I don't see how to un-pause it!
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's only weeks old. Recently had to replace my model and router with a combined modem-router. This morning I thought I entered the new network name and password ***** that the Canon was connected. It says it was...but won't print and says it is paused. No, it hasn't done this before.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC! OS.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I(just told you!!
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You will have to reset the printing system on your Mac and then reconfigure the printer again.

1. Go to System Preferences from the Apple menu or from the Dock.
  2. Open Printers and Scanners or Print and Scan
  3. Control-click (or Right click) on list of printers on the left side of the window, then choose "Reset printing system" from the contextual menu (or hold down Option key and click - button at bottom left and click Reset Printing System)

After resetting, your Printer will disappear from the list. Click the + button in there (in left corner) and add it back with configuration of new network

Note : If you have not already connected to your new WiFi network, please connect it from Setup > Wireless or WLAN Setup (from printer itself). Then only you can add it back.

If you have a USB cable came with your printer, then you can also use this utility to connect the printer to WiFi network (will work on all OS X) --> http://support-sg.canon-asia.com/contents/SG/EN/0200210302.html

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No that did not help at all! The default printer is now eliminated from my settings and I see no way to reenter it. This help qualifies as ZERO.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What's going on???
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Sorry about that. You didn't read my answer properly. To add the printer back, click + button there and it will find the available printers on network.

If you don't see available printer, that means your printer is not connected to WiFi

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am using a MAC. There is no mouse. There is no right click.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is connected to wifi, and it does not appear when I click plus!
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Again, please read my answers properly. I mentioned Control and click or right click.

Control + click = right click

There is even right click on Mac. If this is laptop, tap with twp fingers and it will work as right click.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have no idea what you mean by tap with two fingers.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Tap what???
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Trackpad or touch pad.

Holding down Control key and doing a click work as right click

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is NOT working. Leave me alone. Charge NO MORE!!
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Please understand that I'm trying to help you. You don't have to pay if you are not satisfied. But you need to be patient and I will walk you through it.

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry. Not sure what you meant by leave you alone. I'm trying my best to help you. If you don't want help, then please contact *****@******.*** and they will do full refund. Please don't rate the answer anything to process refund.

But if you would like to continue, then I'm happy to help and we can do this step by step. You only have to pay if you are 100% satisfied.

Best Regards,