John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I need help. My Canon Pixma Pro 100 for some reason is

Customer Question

HI, I need help. My Canon Pixma Pro 100 for some reason is printing all pictures like they are overexposed. I have calibrated my monitor, even used an untouched pic. If I type any font that seems to come out just fine. Never had this problem before. What do I need to do to fix this problem? Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your problem today

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 10 months ago.

I too have the Canon Pixma Pro 100 and for printing color correct photos it is important to use the Canon printer configuration for 1. the right paper type, and 2. the right color profile

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 10 months ago.

Depending on what software you are using to print pictures the printer can either determine the coloring or the program can. I like to use Lightroom to print my pictures, but then I allow the printer to calibrate the colors:

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 10 months ago.

You can see here: http://canonusa.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/8780iA53987DE293590D7/image-size/original?v=v2&px=-1

The option to have the printer manually manage the color profile

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 10 months ago.

Here you can set the profile to match different profiles (your monitor may have similar profiles that this can be set to the same)

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 10 months ago.

Also check to make sure that you are not running out of a certain color of ink which can make your exposures way off, whereas black text looks normal because it is just using black / grey ink.

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 10 months ago.

Let me know if these suggestions help out

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok. I will check this out and get back to you. I have tried printing from Adobe InDesign, Picasso, and Word. The printer test page doesn't look good. All cartridges are new except two. I will be replacing one because the other is full of ink but just for reassurance.