Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a cannon pizma mg 8120. Its showing an error code of

Customer Question
i have a cannon pizma...
i have a cannon pizma mg 8120. Its showing an error code of c610 do you know what this error is and how I can fix it? Also before this error was showing my printer was just not printing. It would go through the motions as if printing and the paper would come out blank. Do you know why and how I can fix this problem?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/10/2016
Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Good morning. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

This error message can be caused by Ink Absorber pads that have become saturated. Canon printers use small, spongy pads to absorb excess ink that accumulates while printing and cleaning the print heads. When these pads are saturated, the printer will notify you with an error message. Although you can easily remove and clean the pads on most Canon printers, this is not considered to be a user serviceable part and the recommended procedure by Canon is to take it in for service.

If you'd like to try cleaning it yourself, please follow these steps:

Step 1

Fill a large bowl with warm, soapy water and set it aside. Put on the rubber gloves.

Step 2

Open the ink cartridge compartment. Depending on your Canon printer model, this compartment may be in the front or the back of the machine.

Step 3

Wait for the ink cartridges to move all the way over, then disconnect the printer's power cord.

Step 4

Look for a black rubber frame under the ink cartridge assembly. This contains the ink absorbing pads.

Step 5

Pull the rubber frame out of the printer and remove the ink absorbing pads. The number of pads varies by model.

Step 6

Place the pads in the bowl. Rub and squeeze them to remove the ink. When the water becomes opaque with ink, discard the solution and refill the bowl with more warm, soapy water. Continue this procedure until all ink is removed from the pads.

Step 7

Squeeze the excess water from the pads and place them on a stack of three or four paper towels to dry.

Step 8

Check the pads every hour to determine if they are dry. If the paper towels become saturated, change them out.

Step 9

Place the pads back in the rubber frame when they are completely dry. Reinstall the frame in the printer.

Step 10

Press and hold the "Power" button and reconnect the power cord. When the printer comes on, release the button. Wait five seconds and push the "Power" button again. This resets the printer's internal memory and overrides the "Ink Absorber Full" error code.

If you'd like to try a slightly less time consuming quick fix you can do the following:

1. Open the printer as though you were going to install new ink cartridges, letting the cartridge cradle move to the center of the printing unit. Unplug the printer so that the cartridges will remain in their position.

2 Locate the waste ink absorbers in their black rubber frame. They will likely be on the right side of your printer, and will be located underneath the area where the ink cartridges rest when the printer is in standby mode.

3 Use a paper napkin or other disposable and absorbent material to soak up any excess ink that may be in the pads by pressing it down onto the top of the frame.

4 Pull the rubber frame free from the printer, wearing gloves to keep your hands clean. Carefully remove the ink absorber pad or pads from the rubber frame.

5 Insert new ink absorber pads firmly into the rubber frame. Replace the rubber frame in its original position and close the printer.

6 Hold down the power button, then plug the printer back in. Continue holding the power button down until the printer begins to reset itself and come online.

7 Wait for the green power light to turn off, then press and release the power button again. It should blink for two to three seconds, then stay lit; this will indicate that the printer has been reset and is ready to print again without errors.

Since your printer was not printing before this, you should also use the Canon cleaning procedures to clean the inkjet nozzles.

Cleaning the Print Heads from Your Computer

The print head cleaning function allows you to clear up clogged print head nozzle. Perform print head cleaning if printing is faint or a specific color fails to print, even though there is enough ink.

The procedure for cleaning the print head is as follows:

Cleaning

1. Open the printer driver setup window

2. Click Cleaning on the Maintenance tab

When the Print Head Cleaning dialog box opens, select the ink group for which cleaning is to be performed.

Click Initial Check Items to display the items you need to check before performing cleaning.

3. Execute cleaning

Make sure that the machine is on and then click Execute.

Print head cleaning starts.

Important

• Do not close the paper output tray until the cleaning is complete.

When process is complete, the Nozzle Check dialog box opens after the confirmation message. To check whether the print quality has improved, click Print Check Pattern. To cancel the check process, click Cancel.

If cleaning the head once does not resolve the print head problem, clean it once more.

Important

• Cleaning consumes a small amount of ink.

Cleaning the print head frequently will rapidly deplete your printer's ink supply. Consequently, perform cleaning only when necessary.

Deep Cleaning

Deep Cleaning is more thorough than cleaning. Perform deep cleaning when two Cleaning attempts do not resolve the print head problem.

1. Open the printer driver setup window

2. Click Deep Cleaning on the Maintenance tab

When the Deep Cleaning dialog box opens, select the ink group for which deep cleaning is to be performed.

Click Initial Check Items to display the items you need to check before performing deep cleaning.

3. Execute deep cleaning

Click OK when the confirmation message appears.

Print head deep cleaning starts.

Important

• Do not close the paper output tray until the deep cleaning is complete.

Important Note:

• Deep Cleaning consumes a larger amount of ink than Cleaning.

Note

• If there is no sign of improvement after Deep Cleaning, switch off the machine, wait 24 hours, and then perform Deep Cleaning again. If there is still no sign of improvement, the ink may have run out or the print head may be worn. For details on the remedial action to be taken, see "Ink Is Not Ejected."

Please give these procedures a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech