Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My Lexmark all in one X5650 will not download application

Customer Question
list in order that I...
My Lexmark all in one X5650 will not download application list in order that I can scan!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/10/2016
Technician: TheGeekGal,
 replied 1 year ago
TheGeekGal

Hi Faye. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I'll need to ask a few questions in order to best help you.

What is your operating system?

If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

How is th eprinter connected to the computer? Via usb cable or wirelessly?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
usb cable windows 10 64bit
Technician: TheGeekGal,
 replied 1 year ago

There is not a driver for Windows 10 for the Lemark X5660 printer. However, it is likely that we can download the Windows 8 drivers and install them in compatibility mode to get them to work in 10. Per your request I have sent you an offer for Remote Assistance. If you'd like to proceed, just accept the offer and I will provide instructions for getting us connected. It is completely optional and if you'd rather not have me do this for you remotely while you watch , I will provide detailed instructions here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My printer is a X5650 not 5660...I do not want Remote assistance. My printer/scanner has worked in Windows 10 before my son fell for a Microsoft scan over the phone. We had the computer straightened out but have issues with downloading the application list.
Technician: TheGeekGal,
 replied 1 year ago

I apologize. 5660 was a typo. I meant 5650. There isn't a Windows 10 driver specifically for the 5650, as you will see when you go to this link:

http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=product&locale=en&productCode=LEXMARK_X5650&segment=SUPPORT&userlocale=EN#1

If you scroll down to the Download area for Drivers and Software you will see several choices in the drop down window, none of which are for Windows 10. I suggest that you download the Windows 8 64-bit driver and install it in Windows 8 compatibility mode. You should also uninstall any printer software currently on the computer and delete the printer from SETTINGS>PRINTERS, then restart the computer before trying to re-install.

You can also install in compatibility mode by right-clicking an application’s .exe file or shortcut, selecting Properties, clicking the Compatibility tab, and selecting a version of Windows the program worked properly on. If you’re not sure what the problem is, the “compatibility troubleshooter” can walk you through choosing optimal settings.

Technician: TheGeekGal,
 replied 1 year ago

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

Technician: TheGeekGal,
 replied 1 year ago

.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't understand any of this...I am computer challenged! where do I find application file or shortcut??
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My printer does print!
Technician: TheGeekGal,
 replied 1 year ago

Faye, I'm sorry. I am doing my best to help you. The application file is the file that you will download when you click on the link that I provided and choose Windows 8 64 bit version. It will probably be in your downloads folder. You may want to reconsider the offer for SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE. I have tried to be as clear and detailed as possible. If you aren't sure of what to do, or don't feel comfortable doing it, I can do it for you while you watch.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I uninstall the printer?? I did download Windows 8 64bit!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I paid for remote access...I could purchase another printer instead!!
Technician: TheGeekGal,
 replied 1 year ago

To uninstall the printer software, right click on the Windows 10 start button and then left click on control panel. Left click on uninstall a program, and find all software related to your printer and uninstall each. To delete the printer click the settings icon, then Devices, then find your printer in the list and click it and choose remove device. Next restart your computer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did all that...now how do I reinstall the printer??
Technician: TheGeekGal,
 replied 1 year ago

Go to this link:

If you scroll down to the Download area for Drivers and Software you will see several choices in the drop down window, none of which are for Windows 10. I suggest that you download the Windows 8 64-bit driver and install it in Windows 8 compatibility mode, by right-clicking it, selecting Properties, clicking the Compatibility tab, and selecting Windows 8.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already did that...I just need to know how to install my printer.
Technician: TheGeekGal,
 replied 1 year ago

You need to find the file that you downloaded (probably in your downloads folder) and right click on it and choose troubleshoot compatibility, then select "Try Recommended Settings" and click next.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I now have my application list but it does not include my ViewNX2 to scan photos!
Technician: TheGeekGal,
 replied 1 year ago

I'm sorry but I have done all that I can do without a remote session. I will opt out. Perhaps another expert will be willing to try to help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I have figured it out...just printed my first picture! Obviously you need a little more patience when dealing with someone who is computer illiterate!
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 1 year ago
Robert M., Consultant

Do you still need help with this or have you got it working as well as you need it to

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I got it working! Thanks for checking!
Robert M., Consultant