Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

Does a brother printer MFCJ470DW have a usb port or any

Customer Question

Does a brother printer MFCJ470DW have a usb port or any place where you can connect it to a computer to scan
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Yes, there is a USB on that model. You have to open the cover the see the port. It is inside the printer. See this picture --> http://support.brother.com/g/b/img/faqend/faq00000557_002/us/en/24760/000557_003_02.gif

Re scanning, you should be able to scan over WiFi. Are you using an Apple Mac or Windows PC ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

In order for the scanner to work over WiFi or USB properly with all features, the latest drivers have to installed.

Are you using an Apple Mac computer or Windows PC ?

If Windows, what version of Windows are you using ? 7,8,8.1 or 10 ?

Let me know and I will send you correct latest drivers which should solve the issue.

Or you can download and install the latest drivers and software from here --> http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj470dw_us_eu_as&os=10013

Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?