Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I bought a new Dell laptop with Windows 10. I cannot get my

Customer Question
I bought a new Dell...
I bought a new Dell laptop with Windows 10. I cannot get my Canon 3500 pixma printer to print. It shows up in my devices, but doesn't print. Help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/8/2016
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What exactly happens when you print ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing

Also what is the exact model number of this printer ? ip3500, MG3500 etc

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Canon 3500 Pixma

There are two different models

MG3500 and iP3500

Which one is yours ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MG I nelieve
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Believe

Ok, give me a few minutes to write the answer

Press Windows and R keys and this will run. Type control printers and press enter. From the resulting screen, select your printer, right click on it and click Remove Device. Then delete the printer.

Then go to this website and download and install the latest driver and software --> http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/contents/ASIA/EN/0100537101.html

(Open the downloaded file to install it).

After installing, it will allow you add the printer with Windows 10 drivers. Then try to print.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It didn't work. Says page not found

That is strange. It is working here. I will send you the direct download link

The above are direct links, so when you click on it, it may open a blank page, but the download will be done in background. So check the downloads folder for a file named " win-mg3500-1_1-acd.exe"

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry but nothing works. I'm going to call canon direct.

I'm sorry about that. Are you able to print from other computers ?

Did you successfully install the above application I sent you ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I used to be able to print on my HP laptop. I just bought s new Dell and Otha's Windows 10 The link you sent me doesn't open

The link works in here. It is important that you install the software. It has software and drivers for Windows 10

Let me find another link

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would it be easier if we communicated on my laptop instead of iPhone?

Were you opening the links from your iPhone all this time ? The link I sent you are designed for your ocmputer software.

Can you download from here --> http://www.canon.ca/inetCA/en/serviceDetail?directLink=Y&mid=8331B003&type=D

Download the MG3500 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You are sending the links to my phone. I am typing the link into my laptop and it doesn't do anything. It just sits there ... no download or anything.

You probably typed the address wrong. I want you to open this conversation on your computer, so you can easily click and download the links I sent you

Go to www.justanswer.com on your computer. Login to your account.

Open this question from there nad let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am trying to reinstall my printer. I downloaded the link/file but it can't find my printer. It found it before. What the hey!!!!

Are you connecting it via WiFi or USB ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
WiFi

Turn off the printer completely and unplug it from Power. Then turn off the modem and/or router as well and unplug it for 2 minutes. Then turn everything back on. This procedure will give new IP address to your printer. Then re-run the printer software. Does it recognize now ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's downloading now. I have to wait til that's finished to see f it works.

Ok.

Do you have the USB cable of the printer there ? If so, we can install the necessary drivers and software using that cable. Then add it via Devices

Setting up the printer initially with USB cable using the software downloaded will install all necessary drivers and software. Then you can add the printer from Printers and Devices (without going through the download) and this will add the Printer over wireless with correct drivers

Just checking. How is it going ?

Ashik, Technician