Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

A printer error occurred when installing the software on a

Customer Question
Dell Optiplex XP system from...
A printer error occurred when installing the software on a Dell Optiplex XP system from a flash drive."Turn power off then on again" did not fix this.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Dell? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: All 4 Home lights are flashing along with the on button, auto & Start lights. MY Dell system is a Windows XP ModelBSNWHD1/NW142 with a smaller than normal CD-ROM drive, which is why I am installing the software from a flash drive.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: NO, this computer is NOT connected to the Internet. IT operates a very expensive Agilent 1100 HPLC,& I do not trust the Internet to leave the operating system alone.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything else.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/6/2016
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Lets try something simple. Instead of installing from the USb drive.. Instead, copy the printer installer file from the USB drive onto the computers desktop.

And then, double click and run the install from the desktop ( not the flash drive )

Does it still say an error has occured or will it install?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. I hope we can solve this.

I hope so too.. Im not sure if you seen my last response so I will post it below.

Dustin S.

Hello, I never heard back from you after you viewed my response. Did you still need help with this issue?

If my suggestions helped please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to close out the question. Otherwise, please send a response so I can assist you further as needed.

Dustin S

Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist