Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I am getting the same problem. I get a notice that my

Customer Question

I am getting the same problem . I get a notice that my printer head is not insalled right and then I am getting a eorr 3806 ?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it is a Kodak ESP 7 al in one !
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I read your troublr sooting gide an tried that'
JA: Anything else you want the camera expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have got an error 3806 and my printing head is not instaled right
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately this symptom indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2009 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault. These Kodaks are widely regarded as some of the worst printers ever made, they were very poorly designed and built and have very high failure rates. They were so bad that Kodak nearly went bankrupt supporting all the warranty claims, and stopped making inkjets entirely shortly after this model.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $60, A logic board would run you $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.