Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

HP ENVY 7645 printer will not print. Says in use but is not.

Customer Question
HP ENVY 7645 printer will...
HP ENVY 7645 printer will not print. Says in use but is not. Wants me to re position printer cartridges and either shuts down or cancels print. Have to unplug printer to get it to get back to main menu.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/5/2016
Technician: VanMagnus Systems, Engineer replied 1 year ago
VanMagnus Systems

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you with this issue.

Has this happened in the recent past of the printer? How old is the printer? What was the printer doing when this happened?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Never happened before. Printer is two to three years old. I recently replace both black and white and color cartridges. It was sitting idle until I wanted to print a word document yesterday. Since then it has been telling me to re-position the print cartridges which I did, twice. It then cancels a printing job but just hangs in this status. When I turn it off by the switch it just hangs. I have to unplug it to get it back to the main menu. When I send it new print job it comes up with printer in use and we start again.

Ok. please do the following:

Unplug the printer for 20 minutes. Also, remove all cables from the printer. This is the first step.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I unplugged it last night for over twenty minutes. No cables attached.

Understood. So you did that yesterday?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Plugged it back in today. Got the same problems/error messages/hanging as yesterday.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have to go out for a little while (4:26 pm EST). I will review e-mails when I am back.

Ok, let us do a RESET of the Printer:

1 Power connection to the printer
2 Connection to a power outlet
2. Look inside the printer and check for a green light indicating the printer is receiving electrical
power. If it is not lit, make sure the cord is fully plugged into the printer, or connect to another
power outlet.
3. Look at the On button located on the printer. If it is not lit, the printer is turned off. Press the On
button to turn on the printer.4. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the side of the printer under the
cartridge access door.
5. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
6. Wait at least 90 seconds.
7. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
8. Reconnect the power cord to the side of the printer under the cartridge access door.
9. If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the On button to turn on the printer.
10. Try using the printer again.

Let me know your results.

Did the RESET Procedure work, Sir or Madam?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just back. About to try your suggestion.

Ok, let me know when you get a moment..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Done as instructed. Printer back on with following error message "Ink Cartridges Problem" Remove and reinstall indicated printer cartridge and press OK. Did change the color cartridge. Tried to print a word document and exact same error as above came up. Pressed OK and it is now cancelling a printing. Same as before when I tried removing the cable. Is this not a software problem? Is there anyway to reboot the printer?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Printer is still cycling through Printing canceled.

Did you see the last message?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is now checking printer. I am here waiting.

Please remove all of the Ink Cartridges. Then use rubbing Alcohol and a Q-Tip to rub each of the Copper contacts on the back of the printer. Let then dry for five minutes for then try to print once more.

You did just replace an Ink Cartridge did you not? What color was it?

Back of each of the Ink Cartridges I meant to say.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No rubbing alchol in house. Other?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Printer thinks there is 100% color cartridge but 0% Black. But I replaced Black cartridge and it should be atleast 90%.

The Black is bad and must be replaced. Where did you fet it from?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Staples
Tried to see if it would copy. No luck, same print cartridge error.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will get a replacement black Tuesday and see if that works.

The error only appeared after swapping out the old Cart for the new Black.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. I'll try a replace replacement black cartridge.

Excellent, please let me know the result.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am at work. Once I've gotten a new cartridge I will try it out.

Ok. I will await updates from you.

VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer