Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I can't set up my lexmark interpret s405 to my internet

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The best way to connect the printer with the router is using the PIN, it means you have to enter router passcode in the printer, do you know the passcode of the router ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer is giving me a pin, how do i know the passcode of the router? I didn't know it had one
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean the printer is displaying a PIN on its screen ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says Enter this pin in the network setup application...8 numbers...as the second option for wifi protected setup under network setup
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the printer it does
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

OK, it means you are selecting AD Hoc connection type. That will not work. Do you know the SSID and Passcode of the router ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

OK, now open the link below and read the steps very carefully, after that follow them one by one and let me know if it helps or not ?

http://publications.lexmark.com/publications/pdfs/2007/x95x/en/info-you-need-to-set-up-printer-on-wireless-network-topic.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a CD and even if i did i can't put CDs in my laptop. the printer was a used gift thats all I got. What is the network setup application it wants me to put the pin in?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

If you use that feature then your computer will get disconnected from the wireless router, because a single computer can only connect with only one wireless device at a time and without the printer software, you cannot use the printer, you can download the software from the link below and then run it after that follow the steps to install the printer.

http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=product&locale=en&productCode=LEXMARK_INTERPRET_S405&segment=SUPPORT&userlocale=EN#1

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I download that link will i be able to print over wifi?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

You have to download the printer software and driver from that link then, you have to follow the steps from the link below to install the printer. I have given you the link to download the software because you said that you do not have the CD of the printer and without the software, you will not be able to use the printer.