John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an MX922. Getting error message C000, On the front it

Customer Question

Hi. I have an MX922. Getting error message C000
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: On the front it says "Canon" "MX922"
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: the message is "Printer error has occured. Follow steps below. 1. Cancel printing, then turn the device off. 2. Turn the device on again. If problem persists, see the manual and contact the service center."
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: yesterday. I've tried unplugging.. Restarting. Get beeps and Message keeps pupping up.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was trying to print an image that was an attachment on an email. An architectural drawing, of a landscape. B and W. legal size.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

This is a “diffuse” message which simply denotes an internal fault. That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Then remove the input paper supply.

Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the Inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Next remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage. Next take a piece of heavy paper like card stock and push that through the rollers (feed path) to dislodge any last bits of paper that may be stuck.

Slide the paper guides to the center then back out, fan the front edge of the paper stack, and replace the paper supply.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?